Thursday 29 March 2012

Anywhere but England... apparently

It feels like I've barely got my foot in the door of one country before I've got my eye on another.

Yes, I'm talking about the fantastic news (for me) that I have been accepted onto my Masters course in America! ***High Fives*** *!% LOTS OF SCREAMING %!*

I am so frickin excited about it. I mean on the one hand it's sad because it cuts my year in Australia down to 5 months, but I looooooooooooove Mississippi. Alright? I looooooooooooove it. I miss it massively, giganticly, stuPENDously, because I had such an awesome time out there. The quick run down is that I applied through a scholarship which pays for all my tuition, and gives me a job in the international student office while I complete my 2-year masters course. I am signing my life over to Ole Miss for the next 2 years. And you know what that means. 2 YEARS OF AWESOMENESS! That's 2 years of great weather, 2 years of funny accents, 2 years of touristy trips, 2 Spring Breaks, 2 years of Olive Garden!!! AAAAHHHH!!!

And so much more.

Anyway, this blog is meant to be about Australia....

Oh, I tried on 2 t-shirts today, one with Australia on the front and one with the British flag.

I bought the British flag.....

WHAT?? It looked better. I'll find something Aussie soon. I need this for when I go to America. So that when I walk past someone out there with a British flag on their top (they really love those tops) I can say "Hey, are you British then?" And usually they would say "No". And then I can say "Ha! You threw tea at us (vague summarisation of the Boston Tea Party) but you still go around wanting to wear our flag, where as I, a true Brit standing before you, wear my own flag, in a show of patriotism (except I am trying to live anywhere but England)".

It will go a little something like that.

Oh yeah..... I veered away from Australia again.

Well, a cockroach sat on my arm while I was typing away at work yesterday. I thought it was a hair which had fallen out. Just about broke the windows with my screams. Seriously, cockroaches and spiders are out to get me here.

Anyway, since my last post I actually haven't got much more to say about Australia because I go to work everyday, and then I come home to my non-Australian housemates and then we go for meals at Thai restaurants.... actually I could be anywhere in the world right now. Sydney as a whole isn't very Australian to be honest. I need to go to the bush or something. This weekend I am determined to film lots of fun, beautiful things while I walk around the city trying to burn the calories I have consumed this week in the form of chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate. Typical, I cut out the diet coke and take up a new unhealthy addiction. And it's a MAJOR issue right now because this here is Easter season and there are Easter Eggs EVERYWHERE.

I. Love. Easter. Eggs.

Hollow chocolate is the best things since strawberry liquorice. Seriously.

So this is just a mini update about mostly non-Australian related things. Normal blogging will resume after the weekend.

TTFN!


AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

(Side note: MARCH 14!!!! Why did they wait till the 29th to tell me???)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it, it's so awesome you're going back!!! Very happy for you :))) no more living at sterling though, hm? ;))) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It's so exciting! I haven't decided yet, I'm going with the cheaper option, but I'm actually thinking of Campus Walk/Campus Creek this time so it's a little bit different. Plus they are both much nearer to Kabuki!

    ReplyDelete